Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Blubbering Mess

Tonight as I worked on some contract work in my office at home, I had the television on and it was time for Oprah. The show is about heroes so I stopped what I was doing and watched in awe as I listened to the heroic stories. The last story was about the Marines of the Second Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion Alpha Company returning home. The moment Oprah started to announce them, the flood gates opened and the tears streamed down my face. I remember my version of that day. I remember it like it was yesterday only it was almost two years ago. I'll never forget the moment I was able to hold Sgt. in my arms again and seeing the faces of our friends as they met their husbands for the first time after months of waiting and worrying and crying and making it. I cried as I watched these Marines and their Navy Corpsman have tears run down their cheeks hugging and loving their families. I always talk about considering our military being our extended family. When the three injured Marines from this BN came out and welcomed their brothers home, it reminded me, again, the type of bond they have. It also reminded me of what we stand for and why.

Our military is truly one of the beats of my heart and as long as my heart continues to beat, I will do all in my power, along with tens of thousands of others, to make sure everyone knows they are thought of and will not be forgotten or left behind.

1 comment:

Sara Horn said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for the kind words. I've enjoyed reading your posts as well! Keep in touch! Sara