Friday, April 20, 2007

Looking Old

This past week has been a rough one. Work has been absolute hell and, coupled with PMS, I'm just about to get to my breaking point. I'm one of those people who believes in faithful use of sunscreen to keep my skin looking as healthy as possible. Yesterday I checked my face before I got out of the car and in the rear-view mirror all I saw were my eyes. I'm 33 and I look old this week. I look old and just worn out. It really ruined my day. Normally my face is pretty vibrant - it does show my lack of sleep from time to time - but I have never thought I looked old. But I do. It's the same look Sgt. had on his face when he was finishing up his tour in Iraq and it saddened me because I remember how he told me he felt and it reflected in his face. Now my days of stress, anxiety, working 65 hours a week, being a mom, being a wife, being it all is catching up with me.

I went home last night and finished packing for a girl's weekend to D.C. and gave myself a nice little facial cleansing with extra moisturizing thinking it was just the effects of my day. No. I still look old this morning. Hopefully my girl's weekend will give me some renewed vim and vigor.

If S pops in here, I'm ready sista!

No comments: